Albanova the new fast rising musical talent in okota who is taking over the industry by Storm


 

By Isiaq o. Shonubi

Meet the new fast rising musical talent in okota who is taking over the industry by storm. In this interview we spoke about his music, influence and dreams .

Who is Albanova?

"Alban Xavier Okon aka Albanova is a Nigerian Afro-fusion singer and song writer from Akwa Ibom State,Nigeria. Born in Ajegunle area of Lagos State ,Alban is a graduate of Soil Science & Land Resources Management,University of Uyo .

When did you start music?

I started as a rapper in the streets of Ago Palace way,Okota and i was featured in a song titled “Ojo iyanu” around 2011.

In 2012 i jumped on Wizkid-Ole(Lamba cover) which was among the best covers that year I must say and i went ahead to drop a sweet groovy tune “Malawee Positive” which DJ Klem(knighthouse) produced the beat in 2013 which made me gain more popularity,shows and airplays in some radio stations across the nation.

I also have songs like IMA,Feel Myself,Simple thing,Jara and have worked with other artistes & producers like Ebase,Maxcelo,Lloys Kayana,Jsongz,Danny p,Sashay,3E,Kelv-J,Pizzo Tha LP , OGiver,Remy,HolyBillz,Philpatek and Tunero etc.

Can you tell us about your hit single wicked?

Wicked is a dancehall tune produced by EBOY. I remember how he came to my house that day and and he played a snippet of the instrumental and I was like “Omo this beat wickeeeeddd!!!” and that’s how it all started.

How do you rate the entertainment industry in okota and isolo?

Good. It will only get better,if we all come together in love.

What label does Alban belong to?

I’m currently unsigned so I have no label yet.

What's your strongest influence in music?

Life and its happenings,people and environment.

Where do you see yourself in 2 years?

Lord knows....I’ll be big. Big enough to do a show in the Nest of champions,uyo.

What's next for Alban and message to fans?

Music and more music,collaborations and videos. New single  "Dangerous"  is out now and banging. My fans are the best. Much love to my fans and everyone supporting. I’ll continue to strive to make y’all proud.






Comments

Post a Comment