Meet the brain behind AmgiftedDesignz

 


By Isiaq o. Shonubi

Who is Gbangbala Abiodun ? 

Gbangbala abiodun is one of the foremost designer in okota isolo  popularly known as beejey  I was born and brought up in ago okota from one of the foremost  family in okota (Gbangbala family).

When did you get into fashion industry?

I got into fashion industry working with some big fashion houses across Lagos as a stylist in 2008 .


Tell us about your brand "Amgifted designs"?

According to the word Amgifted this title means someone that is gifted naturally , my boss then at perfect fingers outfit called me that name while I was working with her before I started working with her I was into only men outfit and it took me less than 2month to catch up with female outfit. So I told her anytime I will be setting my own fashion business the brand name will be AmgiftedDesignz.

If you are in need of new styles come to our shop at No5 moshobolaje street ago okota Lagos




How do you rate the patronage in okota?

Fashion business in okota is one of the biggest sector in okota we have hundreds of people doing fashion in okota and day are doing well the likes of Vgold, Topfit , January 3rd, shola fashion world the patronage is massive. 100/100 


Where do you see yourself in five years?

I see myself having one of the biggest fashion school in Lagos State that Will have more than 2000 students.



What is your advice to other young aspiring entrepreneurs who want venture into the fashion sector?

Firstly it is not as glamorous as you think. Secondly it's a lot harder than you may think…you need to be able to draw, understand construction techniques and patterns, be skilled in software like photoshop and illustrator, understand fabrics and how they work with each other, present your ideas and convince people of it, and solve problems.

 Lastly you will need to go to a design school to get the technical skills and connections to get a job designing for a company. If you want to start your own business instead of working for someone, you need to know all these things but also find connections to get your product made properly and sell them to make a profit. 

Fashion is a tough industry and only the strong and talented can survive.




Comments

Post a Comment